- To provide a mechanism whereby evangelical educational institutions demonstrate that they meet at least minimal standards of performance.
- To provide consultation services that enable educational institutions to meet accepted standards of performance.
- To provide the consuming public with the current status of institutions that have applied to GEAC for accreditation.
- To provide a centralized information and referral source for issues that concern accredited institutions and non-traditional students.
- To disseminate information about non-traditional educational options to the general public.
- To promote academic excellence and accountability.